A lot of people ask me what I am reading. I do not always have an answer for them. Do I tell the truth or embellish it a little bit? When I am truthful, I often get the respondent stare like I have completely and utterly lost my mind because I consider it leisurely reading.
This week, I fell victim to Amazon’s special offer that came through my email box. Dang you, Amazon! Actually it was for their monthly service for Kindle Unlimited. Not an unworthy expense, but one that I did not necessarily think I would be paying $10 per month for. However, for 99¢ I am getting 3 months of this to try it out. Way more enticing than 30 days. I cannot read all that I want to read in 30 days. Just saying.
One spontaneous decision and a little browsing later, I had my service activated and books on my wish list. Maybe the monthly cost at $10 is worth it? We’ll see how much I make it through the list in the next 90 days. For now, here is my Reading – November 2018 – Picks.
I am currently reading – November 2018:
- Book of Mormon
- Book of Mormon Student Manual
- Starting and Growing My Business for Self-Reliance
- Every Sewer’s Guide to the Perfect Fit
Since I am in school and participating in the Self-Reliance Initiative at church, a lot of my reading is school related or self-reliance related and it is guiding a lot of my current list.
We are only studying the first half of the Book of Mormon this semester in the religion class that I am taking, but I am currently just over halfway through the Book of Mormon in my personal reading. This is my 6th time to read the Book of Mormon since mid-December 2018.
I did throw in a book for improving some of my work skills – altering patterns and clothing. Neither are my strong point or favorite thing to do. Alas, I have to alter most of my patterns to fit because large curvy women are a hugely under serviced market in the sewing industry.
My Kindle Unlimited reading list:
- Business plan template and example: how to write a business plan (Business planning made simple)
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand Out from the Crowd
- Business Plan QuickStart Guide : The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Writing a Business Plan
- Accounting QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Financial & Managerial Accounting For Students, Business Owners and Finance Professionals
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine
I am sure that I will find others to add to this list. I am wanting to grow my business so a lot of my reading is to just build those basic and fundamental skills needed for successful business operations. Some of the these are related to topics I have written in the margin of my Business for Self-Reliance book as we have gone through the weeks of lessons. I want to learn more than just the general overview we are learning.
For me, reading is merely an extension of my thirst for knowledge. I am always reading something to learn stuff. I do read for leisure. I just find that I devour technical manuals and help books with just as much joy.
So what is on your reading list?
Do you have a book that you would recommend on studying the Book of Mormon, understanding business accounting, marketing, sewing skills, etc.?