Wednesday slumps

So I got up today. That should be the largest accomplishment for today. As hard as it was for me to get out of bed this morning, that was a huge feat.

I set the first alarm clock for 5:00AM to make sure that my oldest child, Andrew, was out of bed and getting ready for his day. I heard him rustling about and I went back and quickly crawled back into my bed. I do not remember a thing. I usually hear him leave the house at least about twenty minutes later or so. I do not remember a thing.

The second alarm went off at 6:00AM. I hit the snooze button. I cannot say I hit the snooze bar because it is not really a bar on the iPhone alarm app. I was allowed to go back to sleep for a precious nine more minutes. Alas, I would have to resurrect myself long enough to make sure the younger two children, Kyle and Lance, were out of bed getting ready for their day. I promptly crawled back into bed and went back to sleep.

The third alarm went off at 7:00AM. I rolled over and turned off the alarm. I did not, however, get my tired and exhausted body out of bed. I remember waking up at 2:00AM and wondering why I was up at that time. I remember waking up at 4:00AM and wondering why I was awake at that time. It was a rough night. I do not remember sleeping deeply as I remember hearing lots of different sounds throughout the night which only complicates the sleep issues. So it was a rough night.

Fortunately, Lance and Kyle were making enough noise that I was aroused enough from sleep by this point that by about 7:15AM I stumbled from the bed and decided it was time to get dressed and ready for my day. It was just going to happen even if I did not want to face the day yet. I was going to have to face the sunshine. I was going to have to face the four mile bike ride ahead of me. I was going to have to face the day.

I survived that bike ride. My asthma today was causing some problems. It might be because of the weather. I am feeling run down so it might be because of that. I have an appointment with the doctor for an asthma medicine refresh check-up so we will see in a couple of weeks what is going on. I could even be coming down with a respiratory bug. Who knows.

I am just tired.

Today I have already done a four mile ride on the bike to take Lance to school. He did make it back to school today.

I have already gone to a small postal annex place to ship something to Ben overnight.

I have even sent a couple of emails.

I have worked on some web design stuff.

Now I need to work on cleaning the kitchen so the task of all the cooking that needs to be done can begin. Those burritos will not roll themselves. The enchiladas will not magically create themselves. The lasagna will not magically hop in the pan. I am going to have to pull myself together and get it done.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.