Finally starting to feel better

Sinus stuff just stinks. It is no fun at all. Fortunately, with the antibiotics I am starting to feel a bit better. I don’t feel great, mind you, but I do feel better. I don’t have a whole lot of energy but my head is starting to feel more clear. I have less brain fog. I even managed to get some sleep last night. While it was not a full night’s sleep, it was more sleep. I think I finally fell asleep sometime around the 1:30 AM hour (this morning) and was sleeping just fine until the phone rang at 4:45 in the freaking morning! It was all over from there. I didn’t fall right back to sleep like I had hoped. I read some more. I finally drifted back to sleep about 5:30ish. The boys woke me up finally at 7 o’clock. They didn’t actually come in and wake me up this morning, they were just making enough noise to rouse me from my sleep. I am truly grateful for children who can and will get themselves ready for school.

I am not sure what I’ll do today. I didn’t get a whole lot done yesterday. I just didn’t feel well enough to get much done. I didn’t start feeling better until sometime around lunch time. I was relieved to be feeling better so quickly.

I did manage to get Andrew to school early for Orchestra Sectionals and pick him up after school. He stayed after for some test thing for some extra curricular activity “try out.”

I did do some graphic design work for a client. I needed to modify some magazine ads that I had done for him previously. That took me about 1.5 hours. Not a major thing. Just something that needed to be done. I need to help them finish setting up their email.

The most time consuming thing I did yesterday was take the Dremel to a couple of Pine Wood Derby cars. I took the easy route out on Kyle’s. We went to Hobby Lobby last weekend and bought a pre-cut car body and weights. I just knew I wouldn’t be feeling up to getting a car cut and sanded. So I used the Dremel to round the sharp edges, smooth out the cut marks that were left in it, and to carve out a slot in the bottom of it for the weights I bought so that it would clear the track. Looks pretty good. Just needs paint and decals. Lance was determined that he wanted a car too. Not that he’d be racing or anything, but just wanted to take part in the fun. Last year I let him take a marker to a block and so his car was just a block of wood colored with markers. This year I rounded the top of the block for him. It essentially looks like a Twinkie. He is excited about the fact that mommy is going to let him paint it this year. Mommy is not so excited about it. The good news is that while I spent a lot of time yesterday with the Dremel working on the two cars, I now officially have plenty of time to get it done. At the Cub Scout Parent meeting last night, they announced that the Pine Wood Derby race has been pushed back until March do to being unable to get the track that night (next Tuesday). That is just fine with me. It means that we can do the painting when I am feeling a bit better. Thank goodness. I am not sure my patience could hold up to Lance painting right now. Of course it just means I have to listen to him ask incessantly, “Can we do the wooden car now?” Yep, I am facing another 1-1.5 months of that excited question. Joy!

I even managed to get 2 loads of laundry done. Lance wanted his sheets washed, so I did those with some towels. Then I washed a load of dark clothes. Mostly did the dark load because the clothes I had on while I was outside with my Dremel and pine blocks of wood were the ones I wanted to wear tonight. Oh and Andrew’s karate uniform was actually in the laundry pile so it needed to be washed.

Then it was out the door for the evening activities. As hectic as it is.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.